Wednesday, March 07, 2007

American Idol Dudes

What is up with the fellas on American Idol?

None of them can sing. Over half of them warbled thru the songs last night, sounding even more amateur than their original auditions.

The two that sounded the best were the Blake dude and that Chris fella who went last. And the judges didn't care too much for either of them. Chris can't help that he is a body double for "Hurley" from Lost. But he can sing and he has a great public persona.

That Senjaya (???, I'm not gonna take the time to check the spelling), really creeps me out. He is so Michael Jacksonish, he's scary. His voice was really weak last night and has been all along. But he is a kid, so he has plenty of time to mature. I hope his male hormones kick in also.

And why was Simon picking on Phil's eyeballs? Yeah, it's Phil's fault he picked a bad song, but he sure can't help that he has bugeyes. Simon's comments were not constructive critique, but were just plain mean.

I'm beginning to ponder if there is some sort of set up... You know, a guy won the last time and a girl won the time before.....so it's time for another girl. Most of the girls are good. There are some weak ones who's days are obviously numbered, but after they're gone the real competition will start.

But anyway, I'll watch again tonight and tomorrow night (flipping back and forth from "Survivor", of course), cursing myself for being so interested in something so trivial.

But that's entertainment, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger SARA said...

I couldn't even watch last night! I told hubby to switch over to "To Catch a Predator" Dateline special. Those boys are horrible!!!! Now the girls... they are awesome! --- All but about 2 anyway! I hope they combine and make it so they don't eliminate a boy and a girl soon. The girls are so much better than the guys. I could definitely see the top 10 being all girls. Maybe one boy.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home