Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I've Been Tagged..

I can't believe it. I've been tagged by D, formerly known as .hohndel.org/randomthoughts/. It surprised me because I really don't fit in with his crowd. But I love to read his blog. He and his wife have the cutest set of twins! He is constantly telling of their antics and posting the resulting pictures. It gives me a lot of joy to read his honest account of their journey thru parenthood. By tagging me he's either telling me he likes me or he's trying to chase me off. Mmmmm.....

The gist of the tag is to list 7 things about yourself that few people are aware of. I had to be selective about this... There's a lot of skeletons in my personal closet. I don't want to give the impression that I'm a total whackjob.

So here it goes..

1. I have a weird way of reading the newspaper. I start reading all the articles on the front page which interest me. Then flip thru the section page by page, continuing and finishing each article I started as I come across them. It just seems more practical than flipping back and forth.. Don't mess with my system, it'll throw my entire equilibrium off as well as put me in a bad mood.

2. I've never had stitches (except as a result of surgery or birthing babies) and have never broken a bone. I guess I was a couch potato even as a kid.

3. Too much wine makes me mean and makes me puke. Hard liquor too, although I can do my share of Bloody Marys. Husband has banned me from drinking wine at social functions. I'm already sarcastic enough, no enhancements are necessary.

4. I am a salt 'ho. I like extra salt on everything. I put extra salt on my fries and salt in my ketchup. No wonder I have to take blood pressure medication.

5. I'm very superstituous. You know, "step on a crack, break your mama's back".. So far, my mother has retained her spine... thanks to me.

6. Husband married me because I'm hot. On our first date we went to a college basketball game. I ordered some nachos and asked for extra jalepenos. He says he knew right then and there I was the gal for him. We have 11 different pepper plants in our garden this year. I LOVE hot and spicy food. Make me sweat, baby. Probably why I had to have my gall bladder removed 5 years ago.

7. Last but not least...I am really not ready to be a grandma. I'm not old enough. This wasn't supposed to happen yet. I still want more kids of my own. (Not physically possible, but I have a deep interest in adoption/foster parenting.) I'm mad at my son and DIL2B for letting this happen. They're not old enough (translate that to "mature enough"). I shouldn't be angry and I feel guilty about my selfishness. But I guess I'll just have to get used to it. It doesn't mean I'm not going to love this baby. I already do. But the timing just sucks. Why couldn't they have waited until they were more established?


There, I did it. Now it's time to pass the curse on to other fellow bloggers. D didn't tell me what would happen if I didn't pass the tag along. But surely I'm avoiding some catastrophic event by not breaking the chain. Remember, I'm superstituous.

But I am taking D's advice and cutting back on the # of bloggers I'm blessing with the tag. My blogging network is pretty durn small. So the few of you that are getting this are of a unique group. Really. I promise.

http://threedumplings.blogspot.com/ - Monica

http://buckeyesinchina.blogspot.com/ - Robin

http://lanechinaadoption.blogspot.com/ - Sara


http://victoria-grace.blogspot.com/ - Stacy

Sorry Stacy, I saw on your blog someone had just nailed you the other day.







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...seven things, huh?

My husband just quit his job of 23 years today (quite unexpectedly)...that is one thing that almost no one knows about us. I'm still a bit numb myself...so, might not be blogging for a while here...but will try to pick up the torch and name seven things when I get back in the saddle!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home