Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Note to Mother Nature: It's supposed to be SPRING Break

Today is the 3rd day of our school system spring break. It's raining....
Last night we had rain, thunder and pea size hail.

Good Friday we had a wave of off and on heavy snow flurries. The temp dropped below freezing and killed off all of my azalea blossoms. The hail took down all of my dogwood blossoms. I'm heartbroken. Like any true southern woman, I love my bloomin' yard.

Early last week the temp was in the high 70's and low 80's. I was in my glory.. I hate cold.

I love opening the windows and "airing the house out" as my mom and grandma would say.
I like to hang sheets and blankets outside on the clothesline. I think they smell better.

So, I'm depressed. So is Girly. It's our school system's spring break but there is nothing springlike in the bluegrass right now.

Bah Humbug!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home