Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Happy Aniversary to Us!

Today is our wedding anniversary. We know for sure because we both checked the framed invitation sitting on a end table in our livingroom.

Long ago in a galaxy far, far away..... I met Husband thru a mutual friend who he just happened to be casually dating at the time. They fizzled (actually I don't think the match ever got lit) and we started hanging out.

We knew each other about 18 months before we got married. I'll never forget his romantic proposal.

"Well, I'm almost 30. I think it's about time I got married. Do you wanna?"

What a heartfelt, thoughtout proposal.

I think I said something like,,,,

"Mmmmm, why not?"

Later on we went and bought a ring. When he picked it up he brought it over to me dropped it in my lap and said:

"Don't say I never give you anything."

Another well executed romanticism.


But that's okay. We mesh well.

So, what are we doing on this glorious evening?

Well, we're all working on Girly's math fair project which is due tomorrow. She's known about it for a month but has just started on it the last couple of days.

So, we won't be going out on a date or even having a cozy dinner at home. We're eating leftovers and working on a trifold display about, of all things, Wind Velocity. Can you believe she chose this subject? Then thanks to the fact that I work with a bunch of geeky pocket protecting engineers, we'll be building a weather vane per their instructions. (Thanks Justin and Wes!)

Isn't marriage magnificent?

Believe it or not, I truly think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home