Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tax Time Is Over and Doggy Diagnosis

TAX TIME

Well, I'm glad I went and spouted off in order to get all that stuff off my chest.

I dropped off our taxes and our hard earned additional portion of the $20K-$25K that we've already paid in fed and state income taxes. I still don't get it, but I can get off my soapbox for this year, anyway.

Hang around and who knows how far off the deep end I'll go next year.

DOGGY DIAGNOSIS

Well, vet came up with a very educated, biomedical diagnosis for the dog.

He's fat.

No sh*t. Like we didn't know.

He wants him to lose 20 lbs. Hey, I want to lose 20 lbs. too.

Since I gave up all of my vices for Lent this year I thought for sure that I would. But I didn't.
I think Brewz has about as much chance to lose 20 lbs. as I do. He's pretty much given up all of his vices too.
We've cut wayyy back on treats (Snausages, Roverolis etc.) DIL2B has sworn she will cut off some of our appendages if he gets people food.

Plus, he's getting way more exercise than he has in the past. When he's with us, Husband walks him religiously and lets him go down to the schoolyard for a good run just about everyday. Son & DIL2B's new house has a fabulous big fenced back yard. Son takes him out there and plays frisbee or ball with him.. At least he attempts to... When you throw something like the frisbee or the tennisball at Brewz, he just kind of looks at it - then at you like, "What the hell do you expect me to do? For crap sake, quit throwing stuff at me, I might get hurt or something!"

Anywho, the vet said that his hips are not in the best shape, but they're not really bad either. He just suffers from a big butt and skinny legs.

So for now, we're just going to have to keep watching his diet, make sure he gets out and runs plenty and keep Husband from frying him eggs for Sunday breakfast....

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Hee Hee!! Our veterinarian also wants our Labrador Guinness to lose 20 pounds. He has his yearly exam/vaccination update this Thursday. He's a 6 year old lab who weighs a whopping 120 pounds!!

I think he may have lost a pound or 2 over the past few weeks because I stopped putting wet dog food into his dry food ( because of the pet food recall, those greedy SOB's have lost my business forever. ) So I've been putting organic, low sodium beef broth into his dry food, and he just gobbles it up, so he must like it??!!

Otherwise I wanted to thank you for the very kind comment you made about our Courtney Mei!! We can't wait to bring her home!!!!!

~Dawn

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home